Zen Filter

Zen Buddhist websites, news, and discussion

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Is Buddhism in its many forms, the Religion of the future?

As I see Buddhism spread among the enlightened world I believe Einstein’s statement may hold true.

Buddhism - The Four Noble Truths, The Eightfold Path, Karma and Meditation Practice

The religion of the future will be a cosmic religion. It should transcend a personal God and avoid dogmas and theology. Covering both the natural and the spiritual, it should be based on a religious sense arising from the experience of all things, natural and spiritual as a meaningful unity. If there is any religion that would cope with modern scientific needs, it would be Buddhism.

Albert Einstein

2 Comments:

Blogger Christopher Edwards said...

I became aquainted with Buddhism approximately 8 months ago, and I have to say that it makes more sense to me than any other religion I've ever read about.

I don't really look at it as a religion though, but rather a philosophy about life. What I love is that it is basically common sense, but common sense that we choose to ignore! No wonder western society is having so many issues...

I am a man of science and this is definitely the religion that fits best with my mindset.

12:31 AM  
Blogger woundedduck said...

Buddhism may one day be the world's religion, but we have a LONG, LONG, LONG way to go. There are BILLIONS of tenaciously crazy religious zealots out there who will never be convinced of the looniness of their beliefs.

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares