Zen Filter

Zen Buddhist websites, news, and discussion

Sunday, October 23, 2005

My Zen Life

Another interesting Zen blog. Here's a conversation overheard (or imagined?) and memorialized in one of the posts:

Why do you do this zazen thing?

I am just sitting, waiting for it to emerge.

What are you waiting for to emerge?

It is this {points to himself in the sitting posture}.

Well then, if it is here already, why do you still sit zazen?

I sit zazen just to sit zazen.

Dude, that don’t make sense. What I’m asking is what do you get out of it, this zazen practice?

Lots of things, but that’s not why I do it.

Oh screw it! I don’t think I’ll ever figure this out!!

That’s a pretty good attitude to have. Just give up trying to figure it all out and your life is already better!

Yeah right. It’s you new age wussies that I’ll never figure out!!



1 Comments:

Blogger shyloh's poetry said...

I am one that stopped trying to figure out things a long time ago. It waste so much energy for me.

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares