Zen Filter

Zen Buddhist websites, news, and discussion

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Zen Stories

Many good stories here:

"It Will Pass

A student went to his meditation teacher and said, 'My meditation is horrible! I feel so distracted, or my legs ache, or I'm constantly falling asleep. It's just horrible!' 'It will pass,' the teacher said matter-of-factly.

A week later, the student came back to his teacher. 'My meditation is wonderful! I feel so aware, so peaceful, so alive! It's just wonderful!'

'It will pass,'
the teacher replied matter-of-factly."

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger CJ said...

I love that one. I first read it in Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth. It reminds me a lot of one of my other favourites: Maybe

10:20 AM  
Blogger elikottil said...

I am very much excited to go through the zen stories hosted on your website.The stories are unparalleled wonderful with marvellous themes. They have inspired me to create a few of my own.I would feel exceptionally priveleged in case you oblige me by providing a link to a blog that i have created listing many wonderful zen stories .
http://immortalstoriesandtales.blogspot.com/

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares