Zen Filter

Zen Buddhist websites, news, and discussion

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Breath by Breath

Another nice Buddhist blog; here's an excerpt from a post about choices:

We make choices about what we eat, where we live, who we interact with. Sure, if you are stuck in the current housing bubble, and you can't move out of your house or apartment, we could say that we do not have choices, but I think that is way too high up the abstraction ladder. The Buddha was about bringing it down, all the way down, to the right here, right now; when faced with THIS set of conditions what will I do? What will I say? What will I think? And it is this choice, in the moment, that will condition the next moment, and the next.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

A "problem" with the Breath by Breath blog is that there haven't been any new posts in nearly four months.

Perhaps your recommendation will spur the blog to active status.

I don't know why I think bloggery should stay closer to the razor edge of the cut of time, but I do -- even though worms and rot and yellowing don't afflict electrons.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares