Zen Filter

Zen Buddhist websites, news, and discussion

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Instant Zen: Waking Up in the Present

I've been reading Instant Zen, which is worth a read. Here is a little quote:
Have you not read how Touzi asked Cuiwei, "Can I hear the secret message of Zen?" Cuiwei stood and looked around. Touzi said, "I don't understand the hidden statement; please give me another indication." Cuiwei said, "You want to get soused with a second ladle of foul water?" Touzi was thereupon enlightened.
You people have not attained the experience, so you miss quite a few good things in the course of a day. That is why I say the original Zen masters are real true friends. The path of the original Zen masters is like the bright sun in the blue sky -- why are there people losing the way?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares